Irrigation Equipment - Chemigation

Chemigation is the term used to describe the process of injecting a chemical (fertilizer, herbicides, etc.) into an irrigation system for the purpose of treating an area the system waters.

Although chemical injection devices have been available for many years, only recently have users become more interested in their use. Although the devices have the capability to deliver chemicals quickly and easily to the area covered by the sprinkler system, they have a number of potential pitfalls that should be considered.

The most important consideration is the possible contamination of the water supply to your home, or even the entire neighborhood if backflow should occur while the device is connected to the irrigation system. A high hazard backflow device is a must when injecting chemicals into any watering system! (See Backflow Prevention)

In addition, the ability of your system to apply the chemical in the correct dose in a uniform matter depends heavily upon the capabilities of the sprinkler equipment and the design of the system. If you have a poorly designed system with non-uniform coverage, you will have spotty application of the chemical and resulting patchy plant growth.

In all cases: check with your local water authority and your irrigation contractor before connecting any chemical injection device to your sprinkler system!

For more information please contact us at (281) 340-9206 or go to our online request form.

[Home] About Us |Services |Landscape Designs |Sprinkler Designs |Nightscaping |Landscape Maintenance

Pavers and Flagstone Patios Ponds and Waterfalls Pond less Waterfall  Fountains and Water Features 

Putting Greens Colorscaping   Drainage  Tree Services  Digital Imaging Christmas Lighting

[Controllers, Timers, Clocks] [Heads] [Valves] [Drip Irrigation] [Sensors] [Backflow Testing] [Chemigation]

[Shutting the system off] [Spotting Problems] [Wet Spots] [Brown Spots] [Preparing for Winter]

[Maintenance Contracts] [Selecting a Contractor] [Irrigation Equipment] [Troubleshooting]

Financing  |Links | F.A.Q. | [ References] [Home]

Online Request Form. |